Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Ultrasound #1

Another trip to Vancouver has come to an end!  We met at the hotel, the wrong hotel because I for some reason booked a hotel on the other side of the city instead of our normal hotel.  Andrea has pregnancy brain and I obviously am trying to have that illness too.  Anyway, we went out for some food and went to a movie together.  As usual Andrea kept me laughing and super entertained!  The girl has some crazy stories and it makes me so jealous that her life is so exciting.  Living on a farm in the middle of nowhere is super cool!  She has been teaching this city girl quite a few things, and insists on making me rough it with her sometime.  We will see if she can succeed with that, many have failed.
This is what I think of when someone brings up camping


OR


So as you can see, I have very happy thoughts about camping.  

We woke up the next morning and Andrea wanted to show me the horse race track before our ultrasound, I have never been and thought that sounded fun.  I have a love affair with horses, so all I cared about was being up close to them.  There ended up not being any races going on before our appointment, but being with Andrea is always an adventure.

Both of us were really nervous about the ultrasound since the last time we had one we ended up finding out that we had lost the baby.  Andrea had been bleeding for a week and during first trimester of pregnancy this can be common, but bleeding is never something that makes me comfortable.  The doctor came in and I saw the baby right away and we both saw the heartbeat immediately.  What a relief to see a little bean in there alive and healthy.

I know it can be hard to see but the baby is the blob in the middle of the black hole.   Here is our baby!!!




It is seriously a miracle to hear something that tiny--the size of a blueberry at the time--have a heartbeat!!  I will keep on saying that science is super cool!  That we even have the technology to see and hear this stuff is amazing.  

Since Andrea has been bleeding and we have had a loss before, we are going to be doing ultrasounds every 2 weeks until we feel it is a healthy, viable pregnancy.  I am flying to Williams Lake on the 2nd for ultrasound #2 which will put us at almost 10 weeks.  Our last pregnancy based on the size of the baby ended at week 9, so I am crossing my fingers and toes that we will have a happy ultrasound in 2 weeks.  

We are all so excited that things are going well so far, we all are convinced this baby is a girl and I even did something funny to find out.  There is something called the Ramzi Theory which looks at ultrasounds and based off of where the placenta is forming in your uterus they can tell what your baby's gender is.  I know, I know, its probably all hocus pocus, but I don't care because its just plain fun!!  So based off of the Ramzi Theory, they said that baby is a girl too!  So if the placenta is on the left its a girl, right and its a boy.


So we have some names picked out and I am not one of those that keeps that to myself.  So help us out and tell us what you think of these three names we are thinking of:

Piper
Colbie
Eden

I am sure as time goes on, we will have many more to choose from, but these are our faves so far.  If this baby is a boy, I apologize in advance.  I have been wrong with both of our other kids, so I wouldn't be that shocked.  

Thanks so much for all of the congratulations, we are so so excited!!

6 comments:

  1. some other cool names for a girl: Felix, kaiya, elora (last 2 are from Willow)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks willow! Jordyn comes up with some interesting names too but not quite as normal as these. Snayno, dopey and Lisa haha. I actually really like Felix. I'm all about masculine names for girls.

      Delete
  2. So excited for you! Praying all continues to go well. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I don't know if you would remember me from YSA, I went by Mo. Anyway,Maren's comment made the link to your blog pop up in my newsfeed so I totally creeped it. Congrats! I hope everything works out for you and Dave. I was intrigued because my hubby and I are both infertile so adoption is our one option outside of fostering and it was interesting to read about the process of surrogacy. The emotional highs and lows are incredibly similar to that of the adoption process. We're finally back on a waitlist after having to switch because LDS Family services stopped facilitating adoptions. The laws regarding adoption are also similar to those of surrogacy, we can't advertise that we're adopting the way you can in the states nor can we give gifts to birth mothers because of Canada's human trafficking laws. Thanks for being open about your experience, I hope you won't mind if I keep following it.

    ReplyDelete