Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Is it time yet??

So guess what ladies and gents (if there really are any gents reading this), it looks like we are actually close.  I called the fertility clinic today to pay a bill and found out that they were waiting for me to call them.  They weren't sure I was going ahead with this?!?!  Pull my hair out and scream!!!!!  For freaking sakes if I just shipped my most precious commodity, my 8 children, you would think I am going ahead with things.  OR you would think that you might want to hold my hand through this process so that I would know that you are waiting for my go ahead.  Someone please tell me what I am supposed to do, I don't read minds.  I just have to say though, I did feel like this picture a little bit.  Sending my children through the mail system--


Maybe I haven't been the best patient, my mind has been so preoccupied!  I just moved from CT to AB, since my hubby finished his residency, and that was one huge undertaking!  I am so proud of him, but I never want to move across the country and into another country again!  That was so much work, so much stress, and agonizing.  I miss those dern 'mericans already!!!  But we made the move and now I can focus on making a baby!  WAHOO!!  

Andrea and I both happened to call the clinic today, about 5 minutes apart, and found out today that we are a go!!!  (We are so in sync)  She ran to a pharmacy and picked up her estrogen patches, 
slapped one on her belly
 and then she heads to Vancouver on Thursday to do an ultrasound.  Then two weeks later she will head there again for a lining check to make sure she is ready to transfer the baby and hopefully we will be transferring that weekend.  So we are looking at around the 23rd?  Cannot believe it!!  I am already that crazy mom and checked out what the due date would be--with a day 5 embryo and transfer being on the 23rd, we will have a baby around April 9th.  What a perfect month to have a baby!  We were hoping a few months earlier, but nothing beats a beautiful baby in spring.  Our daughter was born on March 21 and my bday is April 16, so maybe I will get to share my birthday with another miracle baby!  I get so teary thinking about it.

So we need everyone to think fluffy thoughts for the next two weeks for Andrea's lining.  I know, never thought I would ask people to do this, but we will take all the luck we can get!  The docs said we have really good chances of success first round, but you just never know.  I will be on pins and needles the whole time, but I am also living in reality.  I just choose to only think of success right now and I will face whatever comes.  

Oh, did I tell you that I will finally get to meet Andrea in person for transfer?!  I can't wait to meet her!!!  Talking to her on the phone is so awesome, Facebook is great, but in person cannot be beat.  I can't thank Surrogacy in Canada Online more for introducing us to Andrea!  There are so many amazing women who belong to this organization who are making families for so many and making dreams come true.  We have been given such a gift from andrea, she is going through so much just for us, we love this girl!

2 comments:

  1. I was just wondering how everything was going! Fluffy thoughts for you and Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wrote a comment and it didn't work! I was just saying how I'm so glad everything is working out and I'll send all the fluffy thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete