Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Day 1--Follistim.

Well, today was the day!  I went in this morning at 7:00 to have my baseline done. I walked in to the clinic and it was full of women waiting for their blood to be taken. So I opted to get the ultrasound done first. So here is our little friend again. --even ribbed for my pleasure. Sorry mom. Haha. 



I got a good look at my ovaries, and they looked like chocolate chip cookies, which I guess is what they are looking for. I had 10 follicles on each ovary which pleased the doctor, so I did my job. They said they like to see 3-10 on each side, so she said I was high normal. Very exciting news. Plus, it looked like I was not ovulating any time soon, so good timing.

Next, I saw the nurse who explained my drugs and what to take and in what doses, and also when to come back for more blood work and ultrasounds. They gave me a nice spreadsheet so that I wouldn't forget, plus I even got her cell phone number in case of any questions. They have been so nice!!  I am sure they deal with a lot of crazy emotional women in there, so a cell phone number seems a little dangerous to me. But I took the number and ran. Haha.

I got in line for my blood work and was told if that came back that my hormones were out of whack, then they would call me to cancel the drugs. So, no news meant good news. I kept my phone near me all day thinking, there is no way I am actually starting this today. I was wrong!!  Today is definitely the day. So exciting and scary at the same time.

Here is my instructional video of my first injection. This injection is easy!!  The intramuscular ones, I can't imagine. It just burns a little afterwards. I will keep you guys updated most days I think, just so you can see if I go crazy or not. I will also show pics of the bloating. That would interest me anyway. I'm so excited!  And so happy!  Have I said how much I love my surrogate?  Cause I do!!!  This is really happening Andrea!  You are amazing!!


7 comments:

  1. You look like one pretty amazing lady too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ribbed for your pleasure!? Jolayne, you kill me. And I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. where do you get tiny condoms like that? when do they steal your eggs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. where do you get tiny condoms like that? when do they steal your eggs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Brett, are you asking for yourself? I think you find them in the condom aisle in the store. Im sure the doc gets them in bulk. haha Hopefully they will steal these eggs in a week or 10 days from now. Cause I am already bloated as all heck!! Yikes. haha

      Delete
  5. I was holding my breath while you got that needle. I hate needles!!

    ReplyDelete