Sunday, April 24, 2016

Transfer day

I had the best birthday weekend in Vancouver! I spent my birthday with my super fun sister in law and my cute little nephew muffin. I seriously love Vancouver, it is gorgeous and there is so much to do.

It really reminded me of Connecticut in springtime and there is nothing that brings my heart more joy than a beautiful spring day!!  




The next day Andrea and her girls arrived, I was so excited to see them!  We walked to Granville island, ate lots of food, took the girls swimming and just talked and talked and talked. I really missed Andrea!  She is never boring and always has the funniest stories to tell. 

Monday the 18th was transfer day and we were almost walking in to the clinic when we got a call that our embryo had not survived thawing. We had to wait another hour and a half to see if the next embryo would survive. It did!!  This embryo was a 6 day blastocyst and it had 100% cell survival. So an excellent chance with this blob. 😂
 

Again, transfer day was not without its laughter and bladder issues. Andrea cannot get a full bladder!  Last time we had the same issues. The girl has two bladders, I swear!!   She drank 8L of water and it took 5 hours for her bladder to be full enough. INSANE!!!  I peed twice while waiting. I wanted to hold out with her, but I only have one very tiny bladder. Sorry lady, you're on your own for this one. But transfer went smoothly and we were on to the wait again.

 
I have been really anxious waiting, but definitely hopeful. We have taken a few tests and unfortunately at 6dp5dt we are still negative. We have been discussing the next round already because last time we already had very positive pee tests. It's been a hard day trying to reconcile the possibility that it didn't happen again, but I am still holding out hope. We have the blood test on Wednesday and that will be the final say. If it is bad news, it looks like we are only going to have one more try in us. 

It's incredibly expensive and incredibly heartbreaking to have to make a decision to quit on your dreams of a baby because of money. Unfortunately IVF is not cheap. I am trying not to get too down, but that is easier said than done. Why is this so hard?!?  We have a few more days to wait and see and then I will update you guys on the next step. Hopefully it's good news!!!

3 comments:

  1. Wishing and hoping and praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for you guys! You're such troopers and I'm so proud of you for being so vocal about this journey. It's really motivational for me.

    ReplyDelete